Catalyst is an international creative production and performance learning community based at the extraordinary Funkhaus. Our courses span electronic music production and performance, music production and sound engineering, film production, tech arts & visual effects, and acting and follow a progressive educational approach. We provide students with a safe space to dream big, grow their own greatness and build a life they love.
Our international team of professionals work under a progressive work model called Holacracy - a decentralised management system where decision-making is distributed throughout different circles that hold clear and driven purposes and all feed back to our core values. Working with purpose means that our roles and accountabilities adapt to always align with our purposes and this provides for a flexible and dynamic work and collaboration amongst our team members.
What can you expect from us:
- Opportunity to learn and exchange experiences with a vibrant creative community
- Dynamic and fast changing work environment
- Encouragement to express yourself and take initiative in shaping your role
- Freedom to express yourself within your specific academic focus
- Possibilities to develop yourself as teacher as well as a music professional
Deadline for application: 15th of September 2021
- You provide technical support for hardware and software to our team and students in collaboration with our technicians.
- You are responsible for deploying and maintaining our student and staff workstations (Mac & Windows), IT infrastructure, while setting new configurations for our creative courses as needs arise.
- You manage our user communication, collaboration, organisation, and management systems such as Google Workspace, Asana, Twist, Glassfrog and other 3rd party SaaS software.
- You negotiate and review technology and software requests to ensure the best value for all stakeholders.
- You ensure our network and system security is maintained and improved where necessary, ensuring security best practices are followed across the organisation.
- You oversee all team onboarding/offboarding processes for our IT systems in collaboration with our People department.
- You work with third party service providers to support and develop administrative tools such as Moodle.
- You have a minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- You take pride in supporting and helping others.
- You have an open mind and approach problems creatively.
- You take pleasure in being able to simplify and communicate complex information.
- You are Fluent in English, both spoken and written (other languages are a bonus).
- You are a self starter and can work on your own
- You are experienced in Mac and Windows operating systems and how to prepare them for the student environment.
- You have networking experience - routers, patch panels, switches, etc.
- You are familiar with music and film production environments.