Work as a team through an "impossible brief" and deliver a short film by the end of this workshop.
- Wednesday, 3 November, 2021 from 4PM-5:30PM
Support and guidance on how to approach your M.A project proposal.
- Thursday, 4 November, 2021 from 4PM - 5:30PM
Online introduction to our Creative Audio Production & Sound Engineering course from one of our favourite studios.
- Wednesday, 10 November, 2021 from 5:30PM - 6:30PM
Online sessions (1.5h) exploring basic and more advanced music production skills covered in our courses.
- Arpeggiator Techniques - Thursday, 18 November, 2021, from 4PM - 5PM
Start training the voice & body for performing on screen and on-stage.
- November 2021 (date tbc)
Skill-based workshops hosted by our M.A tutor team.
- November 2021 (date tbc)
A creative development mentorship programme that’s helping our city’s up-and-coming musicians to reach the top of their game. Streamed online monthly.
Watch the latest session:
- New dates to be announced
Our guest speakers come from a range of backgrounds and experiences and offer inspiring food for thought directly from the real world. From intimate and informal conversations to getting down and dirty with technique, these sessions reflect the exciting diversity of talent and expertise in today’s music, film and acting industries. Our guests get as much out of the experience as you do!
Interested in joining one of our sessions or proposing a workshop? Get in touch with our team.
Some of the guests that have joined our guest sessions, panels and workshops:
- Olivia Block (multimedia artist and composer)
- John Ayres (tour manager for Booka Shade, Squarepusher, Tiga, Diplo, Shapeshifter and Major Lazer
- Marten Persiel (award winning Filmmaker, author and commercial director. Film: This Ain’t California)
- Louis Balsan (Films Boutique marketing)
- Rebekah Teasdale (DJ, producer, model)
- Mad Zach (artist)
- Sam Potter (Late of the Pier band member)
- Florence Jimenez Otto (Music industry - coaching for creatives)
- Zazuka (Zeina Azouqah - film composer, sound designer and songwriter)
- Headless Horseman (music producer)
- Maria Chavez (abstract turntablist)
- Devin Shacket (actress and coach)
- Franziska Margarete Hoenisch (director Club Europa)
- "Bob" Ostertag (experimental sound artist, political activist and writer)
- Stefanie Reinhard (DoP Club Europa)
- Rafael Toral (film score composer)
- Jonty Skrufff (musical artist)
- A Guy Called Gerald (DJ and producer)
- Mark Reeder (musician, producer, label manager for Joy Division)
- Tarik Barri (audiovisual composer)
- Erta Ale (DJ, house & techno producer)
- Perera Elsewhere (experimental electronic music producer)
- Mike Bullock (composer, intermedia artist and writer)
- Antenes (DJ, producer and electronics artist)
- Universal Music A&R
- Emika (electronic music producer, sound designer and DJ)
- Jan st Werner (producer, sound innovator)
- Gordon Raphael (record producer and musician)
- Doc Daneeka (DJ/producer)
- Sampology (Artist, DJ and producer)
- Hainbach (electro-acoustic music composer and performer)
This series aims to open up conversations around issues that affect you and your future as a professional creative practitioner. The dialogues take the form of a student-led panel with facilitator, relevant industry guest and up to four of our students. With an audience and a wider Q&A after, this safe space allows for intimate discussion on important items and aims to bring about positive change.